2011 Virtual Conference Sessions
Virtual Conference Sessions allow you to experience sessions from the APA's 2011 National Planning Conference in Boston and earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits.
What are Virtual Conference Sessions?
In Virtual Conference Sessions, PowerPoint presentations are synced with audio from 2011 National Planning Conference sessions for viewing online.
How are Virtual Conference Sessions Accessed?
First, download the full list of conference events available as virtual conference sessions and read complete descriptions of session content. Sort the list by function code, date and time of session, or session title.
When you have decided on the sessions that you want to purchase, visit https://cms.psav.com/library/apa, and search for the sessions or browse by session function code.
Then purchase access, and view them at the same website. Purchase a single session for $40, or purchase access to the entire set of files for $695.
To view these presentations, select the session you would like to view, the specific presentation you would like to start with, and then select the "video" link under the Presentation details header. Your video will open in a new window for you to begin viewing. There is no need for you to download these videos, as they stay available on this site with 24-hour-a-day access. You may view your purchased sessions as many times as you like by following these instructions. Your purchased sessions will remain available for access until April 30, 2013.
Virtual Conference Sessions and Certification Maintenance (CM)
AICP members may earn CM credits by viewing virtual conference sessions. If a session qualified for CM credit in Boston, then it will also qualify as a virtual conference session. Here's how to get credit.
You may wish to print out these instructions before beginning:
- View PowerPoint synced with audio from conference sessions at https://cms.psav.com/library/APA
- Complete an acquisition of content survey at the conclusion: http://survey.planning.org/apaevaluation.htm
- Visit the
CM website to claim credits
- Login using your APA ID# and password.
- Select "My CM Log" from the menu at left.
- Select "Add Credits from Calendar".
- From the CM Activities page, click on the browse option "Distance Education."
- Type Virtual Session 2011 into the search box and click Go.
- Scroll through the list of 2010 and 2011 sessions to find the session you would like to add and click the title to get a pop-up box. NOTE: Pay special attention to the "available through" dates so that you select the date that corresponds with when you completed the activity.
- Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer, before hitting SUBMIT.
- Use the above instructions for each APA virtual conference session you would like to add to your log.
Important Details About CM Credit
From the CM activities page, select browse by "Distance Education" to make certain that you record credits for the distance education product and not the live event.
- Only the individual who purchased access to the virtual sessions site is eligible to claim CM credit.
- Access is purchased for single use only.
- You must complete the acquisition of content survey at the conclusion of the session to claim your credit.
CM's Ethics and Law Requirements
Several 2011 Virtual Conference sessions will help fulfill CM's Law and Ethics requirements.
S442 Climate Change and the Law CM | 1.5 Law
S547 Gifts and Ethics CM | 1.5 Ethics
S550 Planners in the Courts CM | 1.5 Law
S552 Social Networking and Ethics CM | 1.5 Ethics
S553 Is There Value in Unused Land? CM | 1.5 Law