Request for Qualifications
Malletts Bay Redevelopment Project
Town of Colchester, VT
Submittal Deadline: 09/27/2013
The Town of Colchester seeks a highly diverse consulting team to assist with the creation of a redevelopment plan for a portion of Malletts Bay. Consulting teams shall have extensive expertise in providing the required services for the project. The services required for the project shall include, but are not limited to:
• Scenario planning and alternatives
• Comprehensive land use planning
• Development of progressive zoning regulations such as Form Based Codes, Placemaking, etc.
• Build out analysis
• Architectural renderings
• Development and use of 3D visual evaluation tools
• Public education and outreach
• Market and economic analysis to determine feasibility and return on investment.
• Infrastructure planning and design to include transportation, pedestrian facilities, lighting, landscape, wastewater, (both centralized and de-centralized strategies including Innovative and Alternative systems where possible), water, storm water, communications, etc.
• Low Impact Development
• Environmental permitting to include Act 250, NEPA, 404 COE wetlands, stream alteration, storm water, water supply, archaeology, Section 106/historic, prime agricultural soils, sand plain and rare, threatened and endangered species
• Development of detailed conceptual costs estimates
• Identification of possible funding mechanisms
Innovative work and strong expertise in redevelopment projects, particularly within lakeside areas with a high sensitivity to water quality and other environmental impacts,
strong knowledge of Vermont permitting and environmental laws and regulations, the ability to work with the client, the public, and to build consensus to meet a diverse and unique set of needs are viewed as critical aspects of this project.