Request for Qualifications
Zoning Code Rewrite/Update
Village of Niles
Submittal Deadline: 02/15/2013
Zoning code update/rewrite for inner-ring suburb of Chicago with 30,000 residents.
The consultant will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Review the existing Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances, interview with and report to the Project Team, which includes Community Development staff and the Plan Commission, on the deficiencies and shortcomings of the current ordinances.
• Propose and discuss options and proposed revisions with the Project Team.
• Prepare a draft ordinance implementing the agreed upon revisions.
• Provide supporting tables and supplementary graphics.
• Develop a Methodology for adopting and transitioning to the requirements of the revised ordinance.
• Conduct Public Workshops and meetings with the community.
• Develop written procedures and flow charts outlining submittal requirements, and steps for review, and approval.
• Submit a final report with the draft ordinance summarizing and explaining the changes.
• Deliver all text and exhibits in both hard copy and electronic format compatible with Microsoft Office 2003.