ENRE Division 2012 Newsletter Article Competition
Deadline: April 30, 2012
The APA Environment, Natural Resources, and Energy (ENRE) Division is hosting an article competition open to all Division members. Non-members who’d like to submit articles just need to join the Division in advance of their submittal. A team of ENRE leadership and volunteers will review submissions and select two articles for publication in the ENRE Division’s quarterly newsletter. Best of all, the authors of the winning articles will each receive $400!
Authors will be chosen based on submitted abstracts. Abstracts must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Maximum length 2000 words
- MS Word format, including name and email address in the document
- Topic should be relevant to at least one of the following APA Divisions Council initiatives:
- Planning for a More Dynamic Population;
- Aging and Livable Communities;
- Food Systems Planning; and
- Airports in the Region.
While the general topic of the article should relate to at least one of the above initiatives, authors should focus the article content on at least one of the ENRE division purposes:
- Advance the theory and practice of environmental, natural resource and energy planning as sub-disciplines of the planning profession;
- Promote the incorporation of the best environmental, natural resources and energy planning practices in the work of generalist planners and other planning sub- disciplines; and
- Promote the adoption of scientifically sound and effective policies to promote protection of the environment and the sustainable use of natural resources and energy by the American Planning Association as an organization and by APA's members as individuals.
The authors will not be required to submit the article until after their abstract is selected.
The following requirements will apply to the articles:
- Please appropriately and accurately reference sources.
- Photos, illustrations, and artwork are welcome. If photos from the internet are included, please cite the source and, if possible, obtain written consent to use the image.
Submit your abstract electronically in Microsoft Word format by April 30, 2012 to info_ENRE@planning.org.
Following selection, articles will be due within 2 months. ENRE leadership will review articles, request any edits, and award prizes once articles are finalized.