A wide variety of resources for planners new to the profession.
Training for New Professionals
APA has a number of streaming education products that benefit the needs of new professionals, including:
- Regulating First Amendment Land Uses
- Redevelopment and Revitalization for a New Era
- Informed Decisions: A Guide to Gathering Facts and Evidence
- Historic Preservation, Sustainability, and the Recent Past
- Ethics in Planning
- Mechanics of Code Writing
- Retrofitting Corridors
The list is always growing. Visit the APA Store to find a comprehensive library of streaming products and books of special interest to new professionals.
Membership for new professionals is a great way to get involved with APA. Student members can become new professional members after they complete their schooling. Find out more about membership.
A Conference for New Professionals
Planners new to the profession can find the skill-building training and cutting-edge information they need at APA's National Planning Conference. Build your schedule with the right mix of programs for new professionals, training workshops, and sessions.