Transportation Planning Manager
Central Arizona Governments
Apache Junction, AZ
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Transportation Planning|
|Job Level||Mid II (4-8 years)|
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing a regional transportation program and conducting professional planning activities which include transportation planning and programming, project development, overseeing committees, and representing the organization on a variety of transportation issues with local, regional, state and federal agencies.
Duties will include overseeing the activities of a regional Transportation Technical Advisory Committee, assisting member communities with transportation planning and programming, administering a regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), working closely with the state DOT, working with consultants, and working with graphics, maps, travel demand data, and air quality information.
Other functions of the position will include:
• Reports on a broad range of transportation issues, concerns and activities to the CAG Management Committee and the Regional Council.
• In cooperation with the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) Districts, provides information flow to the region’s elected officials regarding ADOT programs and projects.
• Serves as a liaison between the Central Arizona Governments and ADOT, and a number of other state and federal agencies on issues of transportation planning and related planning activities.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate roadway database information and coordinates data collection activities with local officials on the roadway network.
• Knowledge of traffic counting and transit principles.
This position will require demonstrated knowledge and experience in transportation planning, project development, project programming, and strong computer skills. The position requires a Master’s Degree in urban planning, urban studies, public administration or a related field and four years of experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in such related fields and eight years of experience. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, analytical, and communication skills will be considered.
|Contact Name||Andrea Robles|
|Postal Address||1075 S. Idaho Road, Suite 300
Apache Junction, Arizona 85119