Planning Technician - Temporary
City of Orinda
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Community Development and Redevelopment|
|Job Level||Entry (0–1 year)|
|Salary Range||$24.54 - $29.95 per hour (DOQ)|
The City is seeking an individual with a strong customer service orientation to perform a wide range of planning duties in the Planning Department. This position will report to the Director of Planning.
Duties of the position may include:
• Responding to inquiries and providing information related to planning applications and plan check procedures, policies and functions;
• Reviewing and processing applications for the issuance of development and construction permits and monitoring status of applications;
• Maintaining records and compilation of data on permitting activity;
• Serving as staff support to the Planning Commission;
• Preparing staff reports for minor discretionary land use entitlement applications;
• Interpreting city policies; and
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
City employment applications may be obtained by downloading from www.cityoforinda.org, calling the City of Orinda at (925) 253-4220, or visiting the City Admin Offices located at 22 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA 94563. Applications are due by Friday, September 13, 2013.
|Postal Address||22 Orinda Way
Orinda, CA 94563