Corridor Planning / Transportation Engineer Intern
Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Transportation Planning|
|Job Level||Internship (none)|
Participate in traffic and transportation corridor and area studies, and various types of highway and transit evaluations. Close supervision is provided by a supervisor who assigns tasks, gives preliminary instructions, reviews work in process and upon completion for quality and adherence to established standards. This kind of work requires good computer skills, an affinity to quantitative methods, and a strong interest in transportation.
• Assists in providing both technical and policy recommendations on best practices addressing corridor mobility, access, growth, development and safety.
• Assists in the development, calibration, validation and application of transportation models.
• Assists in the preparation of input data for simulation models; and codes transportation network.
• Participates in transportation studies and programs including collection, tabulation, and analysis of technical data.
• Assists in the preparation of study reports and memoranda.
• Assists in the preparation of presentation material including graphs, maps and other visual displays.
• Performs related work as required.
• Strong interest in transportation planning and design principles and issues.
• Proven record in the application of quantitative methods.
• Specific knowledge in one of the following areas is a plus: travel demand modeling, traffic micro-simulation, highway capacity analysis.
• Ability to perform field studies and data collection.
• Ability to present results of research and technical analyses effectively in clear and concise written and graphic form.
• Strong computer skills in areas such as data analysis, ArcGIS, Excel and Access software
• Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator or Photo Shop is desired.
AVAILABILITY: This position requires a minimum commitment of 22.5 hours per week (3 days/week) and up to 37.5 hours per week.
COMPENSATION: Paid at rates commensurate with level of education and skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING: Must have completed at least THREE YEARS of a college/university program or be enrolled in a master's program (preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and training, plus substantial experience, interest or involvement in transportation issues.
TO APPLY: Forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Contact Name||Beth Wichser|
|Postal Address||190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106