Community & Regional Planner
Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Transportation Planning|
|Job Level||Mid II (4-8 years)|
|AICP Certification||Not Required|
The Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), the regional transportation policy, planning, and programming agency for the greater Nashville region, is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and skilled professional to help advance several regional initiatives in Middle Tennessee. The MPO is staffed by a group of professionals that develop progressive transportation policies, plans, and programs through reliable research and data analysis, advanced planning tools and methods, and the facilitation of ideas among governmental agencies, the public, and other interested stakeholders. The MPO also facilitates the activities of the Middle Tennessee Mayors Caucus.
As a Planner for the MPO, your duties may include the following activities:
• Aid in the development of planning models to test growth and development scenarios;
• Serve as project manager for regional and/or subarea studies;
• Develop visual aids in the form of renderings, diagrams, charts, maps, etc. to help communicate complex planning concepts or proposed transportation projects;
• Conduct statistical analysis of demographic, economic, land use, and transportation-related data;
• Review state and local plans for consistency with regional goals and objectives;
• Interact with government agency staff, elected officials, and the public to communicate details of MPO studies, plans, and programs.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the field of community and regional planning with a good understanding of the federally-required metropolitan planning process. The MPO is looking for a utility player with a range of skills including database management, statistical analysis, creative and technical writing, and graphic design/ illustration. Candidates with a working knowledge of land use models and/or travel demand models are desired. A Master’s Degree may be considered a substitute for up to 2 years experience.
If you are a dynamic individual ready to contribute to Nashville’s future, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining how you will contribute to MPO efforts to improve the livability, sustainability, and prosperity of Middle Tennessee. Resumes and cover letters should be sent to Ms. Lou Edwards, Administrative Assistant. Additional information about this advertisement, including detailed submission instructions, can be found at www.NashvilleMPO.org or by calling 615-862-7204. Position open until filled.
The MPO offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Find out more about the MPO at NashvilleMPO.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
|Contact Name||Ms. Lou Edwards|
|Postal Address||800 2nd Ave. S
PO Box 196300
Nashville, TN 37219-6300