Assistant Project Manager
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
San Francisco, CA
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Urban Design|
|Job Level||Mid II (4-8 years)|
|Salary Range||Based on experience|
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, an internationally-known, multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering design practice seeks applications for an Assistant Project Manager to join the award-winning Urban Design and Planning Studio in its San Francisco office. The Studio specializes in the planning and urban design of large-scale, urban revitalization projects, as well as the preparation of master plans for major institutions, business campuses, and new communities. Projects are primarily located in the western United States and the Pacific Rim. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on prestigious projects for interdisciplinary collaboration within the firm.
• Contribute to SOM’s vision by enabling clear communication among team members, consultants and clients. Promote professional relationships internally and externally.
• Serve as a point of contact for SOM’s clients, specialty consultants, suppliers and contractors in the US and overseas.
• Prepare and review project memos, correspondence, technical documents, fees, contracts and schedules for professional services.
• Assist Project Manager in daily communication with the project team.
• Schedule and conduct technical coordination and presentation meetings with the client project team, specialty consultants, and others as applicable. Record and accurately document meeting minutes and resulting action items.
• Facilitate meetings, as needed.
• In conjunction with the Project Manager and Senior Designer, prepare appropriate billings and pursue payment compliance.
• In conjunction with Project Manager and Senior Designer, manage and coordinate multiple budgets and schedules, both individual and project specific.
• Dedicate the necessary time beyond routine hours (as required, including last-minute needs) to assist in meeting business commitments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skill set:
• Master Degree in Urban Design or City Planning, with undergraduate training in architecture design. AIA licensure or AICP and /or LEED accreditation are a plus.
• At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible project experience in the urban design and physical planning profession in North America.
• Thorough knowledge of urban design and planning issues, including site planning, zoning, infrastructure and utility planning, and sustainable design practices
• A proven work ethic and the ability to anticipate needs, service clients, initiate decisions and coordinate the activities of others.
• A highly-motivated, good team player, possessing strong oral and written communication, proofreading, and organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast-pace, highly creative working environment is essential.
• Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Autocad, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills highly desirable.
• Fluency in Chinese Mandarin a plus.
• Travel may be required.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Assistant Project Manager requisition. Thanks!