CNU New England Programming Internship
CNU New England
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Other topics not covered above|
|Job Level||Internship (none)|
CNU New England (CNUNE) is one of 15 regional Chapters of the national advocacy organization known as the Congress for the New Urbanism. The organization is a diverse league of advocates from various disciplines, including architecture, urban design, urban planning, law, government, and development. All members share an interest in the built environment and a concern for its improvement. The New England Chapter has representation in all six states in the region. The Board of Directors is comprised of 27 elected members.
CNUNE is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to work directly with key members of the Chapter's Board of Directors to advance the organization’s programming initiatives. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about the planning and real estate development industry through substantive work, to champion a worthwhile cause, and to connect with passionate and talented people from across disciplines!
The Programming Intern would assist the Executive Committee in developing and implementing an event series for 2013-2014, managing (a) event logistics, and (b) event marketing, including development of graphic materials and collateral. The Intern would also assist the Executive Committee with (c) managing the Chapter’s online presence and social media accounts and (d) general administrative support for the Executive Committee where needed.
15-20 hours per week. Location of internship is Boston, MA.
• Must be in pursuit of or possession of bachelor’s degree. Strong preference given to those with degrees (or pursuit of degrees) in Urban Studies/Planning, Architecture, Geography or a related field. Strong preference also given to those with degrees/background in business administration and marketing.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong preference for individuals with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage large projects.
• Understanding of principles of New Urbanism, urban design, and awareness of industry trends.
• Knowledge of marketing tools and media platforms.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a statement of your interest in the position to Robin Bergstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all information electronically by Friday, October 11, 2013.
|Contact Name||Robin Bergstrom|