Senior Transportation Engineer / Project Manager
Houston or Austin, TX
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Transportation Planning|
|Job Level||Executive (10+ years)|
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as a Project Manager on major statewide/corridor transportation planning projects.
• Arrange, facilitate, prepare for meetings/coordination with major clients such as TxDOT, MPOs, Cities and Counties as well as and key project stakeholders.
• Budget scope and schedule development, monitoring and adherence for tasks and projects managed.
• Work with client service managers on strategic pursuits including proposal development and client meetings and helping to maintain strong relationships with key planning leaders within TxDOT and other major clients in Texas.
• Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects and tasks managed as well as projects and tasks managed by others. Responsible for implementation of firm quality procedures at project and task levels.
• High level planning and programming analysis work including preparation of technical documents and reports.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in science/ or engineering.
• At least 15+ years of experience since B.S. focused in traffic engineering and transportation planning.
• Registration as P.E. in Texas.
• Previous experience with NEPA and schematic design projects.
• Skill in persuasion and in the negotiation of critical issues.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate — as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
**We are open to considering candidates who are open to working in our Houston or Austin, TX offices.**
Qualified candidates should apply by visiting the page below: