New Orleans, LA
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Planning Management, Budgeting and Finance|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
GCR Inc., an international professional services firm, partners with government and commercial clients to deliver consulting services and technology solutions in urban planning, aviation, disaster recovery, elections, nuclear power, public safety and right-of-way. The experts at GCR, from planners to aviation experts to software developers, all share a common goal: to solve our client’s problems – with intelligence.
Our Planning Sector includes certified planners, economists, GIS technicians, programmers and real estate specialists who provide diverse expertise to projects. This includes projects within housing, economic development, community engagement, transportation, disaster recovery and grants management. Our mission is to assist our clients in bringing equitable, catalytic change through good data, sound planning practices and stakeholder involvement.
As part of its planning consulting services, GCR seeks a qualified professional to work on a range of community development, city and transportation planning, market research, and revitalization projects. The successful candidate will support project managers in bicycle/pedestrian planning, housing and alternative transportation market analysis, community revitalization strategies, transit capital planning and administration support, and land-use strategic planning.
• Assist in development of short- and long-range transportation and housing planning, feasibility and market studies.
• Assist in development of transit, bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure plans.
• Conduct quantitative and demographic analyses working with a variety of data sets.
• Translate results of research and analysis into both graphical and written form that explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Advance GCR’s planning practice and client services through innovative use of analytics, research, and technology.
• Assist in outreach efforts, including preparing presentations and collecting data through traditional and advanced methods.
• Manage time across multiple projects within proscribed budgets and deliver work on-time.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated passion for working in community development and improving the built environment through evidenced-based planning.
• Master’s degree in city planning or related field + at least two years relevant experience; OR
• Bachelor’s degree + at least four years directly related experience
• Subject matter experience – examples include: land-use and transit planning/modelling; bicycle/pedestrian planning; market and feasibility analysis; survey methods etc.
• Excellent quantitative, research and analytic skills with ability to process and explain results visually and in writing.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to show individual initiative & work collaboratively on a team.
• Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required; GIS, modelling or other related planning software desirable.
This job is located in New Orleans, LA – a city and region experiencing one of this generation’s greatest revivals. In addition to its unique culture and heritage, the New Orleans area was recently ranked:
• #1 on the list of “America's Biggest Brain Magnets” for attracting people under 25 with college degrees [Forbes]
• #2 Best Big City for a Job [Forbes]
• #4 Employment Market in the Country [Manpower]
GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid vacation, paid holidays, flexible work time schedules, a 401(k) with a company match, health and dental plans, and life insurance. GCR Inc. corporate headquarters is located in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Covington, La. and Baton Rouge, La.
Apply Here: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?c=qEn9VfwP&v=1&page=Job%20Description&j=ooOVXfwO
|Contact Name||Human Resources|