City of Takoma Park
Takoma Park, MD
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Level||Internship (none)|
The City of Takoma Park offers real world planning experience at the macro and micro level in the progressive, alternative community of Takoma Park – including economic development, GIS mapping, transit oriented development and hands on community outreach! This is an opportunity for qualified candidates to work part time or full time through June, with a possible extension depending upon performance and availability of funding.
Interns work with a staff of three in the City of Takoma Park Planning office at 7500 Maple Avenue – a ten minute walk from the Takoma Metro Station, on multiple bus lines, and accessible by bike and Bikeshare.
• Must be enrolled in a college or university in one of the following graduate programs: regional or community planning; architecture, urban design; urban studies; economics, real estate development, environmental planning or science. Candidates who graduated within the past two years will be considered.
• A strong interest in revitalization, smart growth, or redevelopment.
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with GIS mapping, Microsoft programs
• Self-motivation; ability to work with minimal supervision
• Drivers license
• Spanish, French, or Amharic language skills a plus (you may surprise us with others).