Pinellas County Metropolitan Planning Organization
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Transportation Planning|
|Job Level||Senior (8-10 years)|
|Salary Range||$55,931 - $92,309|
The Pinellas County MPO has a job opening for a Principal Planner position assigned to coordinate and implement the agency’s Public Involvement/Outreach Program, Unified Planning Work Program and Transportation Disadvantaged Program. The position is also responsible for conducting research and analysis and compilation of associated reports presenting findings of various transportation-related trends, issues and topics affecting the MPO planning program.
• Bachelor’s degree with major course work in urban planning, government, engineering, design, economics, social science, geography, statistics or a related field and 5 years professional experience in urban planning management; or
• Master’s degree with major course work in urban planning, government, engineering, design, economics, social science, geography, statistics or a related field and 2 years of professional experience in urban planning; or
• An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Appointing Authority May Also Require:
• Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities and credentials relevant to position.
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
• Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively in written form and in public speaking forums;
• Ability to produce professional reports and presentations;
• Firm knowledge of public planning principles;
• Knowledge of federal transportation law;
• Knowledge of public budgeting;
• Efficient in use of basic Microsoft Office software products; and
• Working knowledge of Adobe graphic software products is desirable.