City of Fort Lupton
Fort Lupton, CO
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Community Development and Redevelopment|
|Job Level||Entry (0–1 year)|
|AICP Certification||Not Required|
The City of Fort Lupton Colorado is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Planner. Fort Lupton has a population of 7,500 and is quickly expanding. Our prime location puts us in the center of the major oil and gas hub and makes transportation avenues easy for businesses and residents.
SUMMARY: Under general direction and guidance, performs a variety of planning related functions, primarily design and development review, as well as assisting on long-range planning and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
• Receives and reviews moderately difficult project applications, performs design and plan reviews, applies Design Guidelines, Comprehensive Plan, Zoning, Subdivision, Annexation and other applicable policies, regulations and
• Assists in the evaluation of rezoning, ordinance amendments, site plans, special use permits, variances and other proposals.
• Prepares staff reports, correspondence with other departments and applicants, and other documentation regarding projects within the City.
• Inspects construction sites and buildings under construction, remodel or demolition in developed and undeveloped areas.
• Performs all levels of plan review and site inspections for buildings under construction, remodel or repair, for compliance with appropriate design review, building, zoning, erosion control and other regulations.
• Monitors progress of assigned projects throughout project life cycle, to ensure that all requirements are completed as approved.
• Writes and present formal and technical reports, working papers and correspondences.
• Acts as liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials in development projects and area master plans.
• Assists with strategic economic and community development or efficient land use consistent with the goals of the elected officials and community.
• Aids citizens and customers in resolving issues and provides information regarding development projects.
• Presents to Planning & Zoning Commission, City Council, and other groups and committees.
• Assists in and provides research for long range and master planning.
• Works with contractors and other City staff to resolve project deficiencies.
• Works closely with City Planner, Building Official and other City personnel to integrate the architectural design review process, engineering review and construction permitting for construction projects.
• Cross-trains in other functions within the department as needed.
Training – Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience - Minimum of one (1) year experience in planning is required.
Any equivalent combination of training/experience that demonstrates possession of required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
|Postal Address||Human Resources Department
130 S McKinley Avenue
Fort Lupton, CO 80621