The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Upper Marlboro, MD
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Transportation Planning|
|Job Level||Executive (10+ years)|
|Salary Range||$62,658.00 - $109,200.00 Annually|
THE MARYLAND-NATIONAL CAPITAL PARK AND PLANNING COMMISSION invites applications for the position of:
(Position #11352, Grade J)
The Prince George's County Planning Department of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is seeking an experienced Planning Supervisor to manage the department's transportation planning group.
As Planning Supervisor you will play a leading role in transportation planning activities including: reviewing proposed development projects for compliance with adequate public facility regulations and other transportation policies; long-range transportation planning of the county's road, transit, pedestrian, bicycle, and trail networks; development and utilization of complex transportation modeling programs; coordination of land use and transportation policy; and transportation strategies for small area master plans.
You will be supervising a team of planners, technicians and consultants focused on achieving the county's vision of a multi-modal transportation network that connects residents to jobs and other activity centers equitably, efficiently, and safely. You will collaborate with county, state, and federal officials; affected community members, and neighborhood associations; land developers and their consultant teams. You will manage an efficient, transparent development review process. You will address the transportation needs of urban mixed-use development as well as more traditional suburban developments. The position reports to the Chief of the Countywide Planning Division.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
1. Proven ability to supervise, mentor, counsel, and develop staff to meet work program
objectives; including the delivery of work products on schedule within budget, and in
accordance with progressive planning principles, best practices, and high quality standards.
2. Knowledge and experience in transportation planning, including all relevant transportation modes, modeling, and regulatory review of land development.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage or facilitate complex, multi-year projectsinvolving multiple stakeholders and a wide array of disciplines, sensitive political issues and
challenges, and diverse communities.
4. Strong communication skills, oral and written, ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with a variety of disciplines, elected officials and agency officials at all levels of government, non-profit organizations, developers, civic groups, and others involved in planning, community and economic development.
Master's degree in planning, architecture, parks, engineering, environmental science, public administration, or related fields and six years of progressively responsible professional level planning experience that included at least three years of supervisory experience or project leadership and coordination experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE:
PLANNING SUPERVISOR (Grade J)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Planning Supervisor (Position #11352, Grade J) Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Please describe your professional experience in transportation planning.
* 2. Please describe your professional experience in applying laws or government regulations to land development or similar activities.
* 3. Please describe any experience with the review of transportation impact studies.
* 4. Please describe your experience as a supervisor of employees.
* 5. Please describe any experience working with planning commissions, county legislatures, or
* Required Question
|Postal Address||OFFICE LOCATION:
6611 Kenilworth Avenue
Riverdale, MD 20737