Planning and Development Coordinator
City of Waxahachie
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Level||Entry (0–1 year)|
|Salary Range||$38,000 to $45,000|
Provide assistance and support to the Director of Planning by performing a variety of professional, administrative, organizational and technical functions duties related to development issues
1. Conducts various studies to analyze development trends and advise management.
2. Performs various projects and administrative duties as necessary to include managing handbooks, organizing meetings, responding to inquiries and complaints, notarizing documents, maintaining a calendar of activities, assisting in budget preparation, maintaining the office, making travel arrangements, assisting and managing telephone responsibilities and maintain requested files.
3. Assisting in the preparation for Planning and Zoning Meetings, Zoning Board of Adjustments, and City Council Meetings by organizing agendas materials both before and after meeting, contacting necessary parties and coordinating all other related activities.
4. Facilitates information flow to the City Council and City Staff by mailing notices and other correspondence at various times via telephone, email and face to face contact.
5. Responds to Development Community inquiries, coordinates with development customers and appropriate related staff & department heads to establish meetings and disseminate project information.
6. Assists with records management and open records request by maintaining files and databases, coordinating and processing invoices, providing necessary forms and making copies upon request.
7. Reviews plans and programs for utilization of land and physical facilities of cities, counties, and metropolitan areas. Provides limited technical planning and zoning assistance to the public and city departments.
8. Provide premier customer service to internal and external customers by responding to Planning and Zoning requests in a timely and professional manner.
|Contact Name||Gayle Sims|
|Postal Address||P.O. Box 757
Waxahachie, Texas 75168