Village of Mundelein
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Economic Planning and Development|
|Job Level||Entry (0–1 year)|
Under the direction of the Director of Planning & Development, provide assistance the Sr. Planner, applicants and members of the various development review boards and commissions. Assist the Director and Sr. Planner in developing and recommending amendments to the village’s Comprehensive Plan. Research, plan and develop programs related to community and economic development. Work on projects that benefit, enhance and improve the appearance, business climate, communications and community pride within the Village. Work with divergent organizations to develop and carry out policies and programs in the Village.
Examples of Work
1. Provide customer service in the form of assistance, expertise and guidance to residents, business owners and contractors needing services from the Community Development Department.
2. Assist in the administration and enforcement of zoning ordinances.
3. Respond to inquiries from the general public or contractors related to zoning ordinances or Village land use requirements.
4. Responsible for data base maintenance of planning and zoning information.
5. Responsible for the maintenance and update of the zoning and other related codes.
6. Perform activities related to the Comprehensive Plan goals.
7. Conduct zoning and appearance petition reviews and ensure compliance with Village requirements; make recommendations to ensure compliance with applicable village codes.
8. Provide assistance to the various boards and commissions as assigned by the Director of Planning & Development.
9. Develop and recommend policies and procedures to implement plans including writing and recommending ordinances, codes and other development controls systems.
10. Prepare grant requests and research federal, state and private funding. Prepare applications for various development activities and participate in project administration
11. Provide assistance with the building permit software and geographic information systems (GIS) applications.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or a related field. Two years of planning experience in the public or private sector. Knowledge of state and federal grant and funding programs. Ability to plan and organize work. Excellent oral, written and public communication skills. Proficient in use of a PC, Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
|Contact Name||Victor Barrera|
|Postal Address||440 East Hawley
Mundelein, IL 60060