Senior Regulatory Planner / Project Manager
Prunuske Chatham, Inc.
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Environmental and Natural Resources Planning|
|Job Level||Senior (8-10 years)|
Prunuske Chatham, Inc. (PCI) is seeking an experienced regulatory compliance planner and project manager to join our team of scientists, planners, landscape architects, engineers, and constructors who specialize in ecological restoration and resolving environmental challenges in Northern California. Located in Sonoma County since 1985, PCI is a small, growing firm with a solid reputation in natural resource management and ecological restoration.
The Senior Regulatory Planner position requires a demonstrable record of success managing a diversity of projects ($10K to $1M), including:
• Preparing and completing proposals, budgets, scopes, schedules, and contracts.
• Supervising and mentoring staff to provide top-notch deliverables within budget and on time.
• Fostering client relationships, managing client expectations and requests, and recruiting future work.
• Overseeing preparation of environmental analyses and resource assessments by multi-disciplinary teams of both in-house staff and outside consultants.
• Fostering cooperative partnerships with regulatory agency personnel.
• Completing CEQA/NEPA and regulatory permitting processes with an appropriate level of review commensurate to the project’s purpose, potential environmental effects, and long-term results.
We are looking for someone with:
• The ability to take responsibility for client interface and deliverables from beginning to end.
• Experience in overseeing preparation of professional-level written and graphic products.
• Brilliant critical thinking and a big picture approach, as well as willingness and ability to do routine, permit-related tasks.
• Solid writing, editing, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge and practical experience negotiating state, federal, regional, and local regulations and policies.
• Collaborative communication and working style.
• Facility with Microsoft Office and Adobe software.
You will need to be able to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Minimum of 5-10 years experience and a Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, urban/regional planning, or related field, although a Master’s and AICP are preferred. A fundamental knowledge of at least one technical area (e.g., botany, water law, GIS, permit acquisition from state, federal, and local jurisdictions) is required.
First, check out our website at www.pcz.com,then send résumé with a cover letter that describes your interest in the position and PCI to: email@example.com. Please put “Senior Planner” in the subject line.