Planning and Community Health Research Center
Local, state, and national public policy that affects our natural and built environments plays an important role in the creation of health-supportive communities.
The American Dietetic Association, American Nurses Association, American Planning Association, and American Public Health Association met to develop a set of shared food system principles. The following principles are a result of this meeting and have been collectively endorsed by these organizations.
APA develops policy guides that represent the collective thinking of our members on vital issues facing the nation. The guides articulate specific policy positions and establish key principles for APA. The following policy guides address topics related to the intersection of planning and health:
- APA Policy Guide on Agricultural Land Preservation
- APA Policy Guide on Climate Change
- APA Policy Guide on Community and Regional Food Planning
- APA Policy Guide on Housing
- APA Policy Guide on Surface Transportation
- APA Policy Guide on Smart Growth