In preparation for this December’s conference on Health and Active Transportation, Joining Forces and Moving Forward, the Transportation Research Board has extended the deadline for poster abstracts to June 21, 2019. The goal of the conference is to highlight innovative practices in health and active transportation.
Abstract submissions should fall in line with any of the following general themes:
- Institutionalizing connections between health and transportation at multiple levels;
- Improvement and harmonization of health and transportation data and performance indicators;
- Advances in scaling implementation of active transportation policies (e.g., Complete Streets, Health in All Policies);
- Identifying and addressing health disparities and health equity consequences of transportation policy and infrastructure;
- Understanding the association between infrastructure improvements for active transportation and non-health factors (i.e., “additional benefits”) such as social cohesion, crime, safety, economic vitality, and climate;
- Key aspects of transportation for critical health sector targets such as cancer prevention and increasing physical activity;
- Approaches to enhance community facilitators (e.g., community and street design, transportation systems) and lessen barriers (e.g., safety, crime) to using active transportation;
- Active Transportation across the lifespan (children to senior adults) and/or with a focus on health equity;
- Impacts of shared mobility (bikeshare, electric scooters programs) and other mobile technology such as wayfinding on active transportation; and
- Addressing active transportation for persons with disabilities.
Submissions should be no more than 500 words and include the following sub-headings: background, scope/objectives, methods, results, and conclusion. All poster abstracts will be peer-reviewed. Authors will be notified of acceptance by late July.
For more information, visit https://trb.secure-platform.com/a/page/2019_Conference_on_Health_and_Active_Transportation