AICP Outstanding Students
2017 AICP Outstanding Student Awards
The AICP Outstanding Student Awards recognizes outstanding attainment in the study of planning by students graduating frate level, if applicable) during the academic year of the award. Each respective planning prom Planning Accreditation Board–accredited planning programs (one at the undergraduate level and one at the graduogram convenes a jury to make the selection(s) and schedules the award presentation(s) at their respective school(s).
Eligibility and Criteria
ELIGIBILITY: Self-nominations are not accepted for this award
CRITERIA: The department head and other colleagues of each PAB-accredited planning program determines its own criteria. These criteria may include, but need not be limited to, academic achievement, leadership, commitment to planning as a career, and community service.
To accommodate a wide range of individual university award programs, there will be three primary shipping periods. We use USPS's standard shipping rate which takes about 7–10 business days to be delivered. Please review this schedule and allow time for shipping.
Certificate Shipment Schedule
- Requests received March 6–March 24: Certificates ship via USPS on March 27, 2017
- Requests received March 25–April 21: Certificates ship via USPS on April 24, 2017
- Requests received April 24–May 26: Certificates ship via USPS on May 29, 2017
Letter of Nomination
The formal letter of nomination must be on university, college, or school stationary signed by the Program Chair, Department Head, or Awards Committee Chair. It must include a description of why this student was chosen for recognition.
Include in the e-mail message:
- University Name
- Department Name
- Name of Student (as it should appear on the certificate — APA will print university, department and student name on certificate before shipping)
- Academic Level (graduate or undergraduate) and graduation date/year
- Name of individual and mailing address to which the certificate should be mailed; phone number; e-mail address. [NOTE: Certificates should not be sent to the student.]
- Date of Award Program
- If you need expedited FedEx shipping, include the account type and number that should be used. FedEx Only.
To submit your nomination for the AICP Outstanding Student Award, please follow the instructions below:
- Send an e-mail to AICP@planning.org
- Write in the subject line: 2017 AICP Outstanding Student Award — [school name]
- Include required additional information (listed above) in message screen
- Scan letter and attach to message