Members asked, APA listened.
Beginning in 2017, APA will give members open access to all of our online Planning Advisory Service (PAS) publications. APA knows that now, more than ever, planners need access to authoritative resources ― and APA delivers.
Starting January 1, all digital publications from PAS — APA’s flagship research brand — will be free to all APA members. This includes complete access to current and archived publications that historically have been available only by subscribing to PAS.
For current APA members, it’s a terrific new benefit. For some nonmembers, joining APA becomes a cost-effective option. For others, APA is introducing a new PAS subscription at one affordable rate of $695 per year. This streamlined subscription will continue to offer the exceptional value subscribers expect and depend on: authoritative, expert research on topics at the forefront of planning.
What Members Will Receive as Part of Their APA Membership
- PAS Reports. Four times a year, APA will post a new PAS report filled with expert guidance on a trending issue: current, relevant research and best planning practices. In addition to immediate access to new reports, you can read and download PDFs of all available PAS Reports (there are more than 100 and counting!) from our website.
- PAS online publications. Curated resources including trend alerts, planning essentials, and practical information on vital topics will be available to you in the publications PAS subscribers have valued for years: PAS QuickNotes, PAS Memo, and PAS Essential Info Packets.
- The entire PAS archive. Your unlimited access to the PAS online archive — previously available only to subscribers — will include not only PAS Reports but also all PAS digital publications.
What’s Included With New Annual PAS Subscriptions
- One print copy of each new PAS Report with each subscription. Plus, PDFs of all reports will be available for you and your team to download from our website. Only PAS subscribers will receive PAS Reports in print. Members will have online access only.
- Unlimited access to online publications. Everyone in your organization can learn about planning essentials, trending issues, and vital topics in PAS QuickNotes, bimonthly PAS Memo, and PAS Essential Info Packets.
- The full PAS archives at your fingertips. Subscribers will continue to have unlimited access to past issues of all PAS Reports and digital publications.
The Inquiry Answer Service is spinning off into a stand-alone offering. Our team of experienced planning researchers will be on call when you need them, at $125 per hour. Have complex questions? Save on a bundle of 25 hours for $2,500.
What the Changes Mean to Subscribers
- Current PAS subscriptions will end December 31, 2016.
- Renewal information is being mailed to subscription administrators. Subscriptions renewed by December 31 will enjoy uninterrupted access to PAS publications.
- Subscribers who do not wish to renew and are midway through their subscription years will receive prorated refunds.
- For nonmembers, APA membership might be a cost-effective, high-value alternative to a subscription.
- APA members need not subscribe to PAS after December 31, 2016, unless they wish to continue to receive printed PAS Reports.
There’s More on the Way!
APA is developing a members-only knowledge database, with content drawn from the PAS Inquiry Answer Service’s decades of assistance to practicing planners and research partners. We think planners will find this one-of-a-kind product to be an indispensable tool when they are looking for best practices and authoritative reference materials.
To get an idea of what will be included in this new resource, check out the Planning and Zoning for Solar Energy Resource Collection. We’ll add several collections in mid-2017 and release new ones on an ongoing basis.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-431-9100. We’re here to help.