As you register for APA's 2019 National Planning Conference, please keep the following information in mind. Your attention to these details will make registration and attendance easier and faster for both you and APA.
- You may register online or by fax or mail. You cannot register by phone. Please register only once (i.e., if you fax your registration form, do not also mail it) and do not email the registration form. There is a $50 fee for faxed or mailed registration.
- If we cannot verify your APA membership when you register, you will be charged the nonmember rate.
- If you are not an APA member and do not have a nonmember account, create one before you register or, for the best price on NPC19, Join APA.
- You must use your own account to register. You may not register another person under your account. Registrations may not be shared.
- The email address you provide on the registration form will be your email address of record for all APA communications.
Not a Member?
Join APA now and qualify for the APA member registration rate. For students, membership is FREE and NPC19 registration is only $125 through February 12. Other new members get HALF OFF regular member dues and HALF OFF the regular member rate for conference registration. By joining now you will pay less to attend NPC19 and enjoy APA member benefits throughout the conference and all year long. New member rate is only applicable for U.S. residents.
If you have questions at any point during the registration process, please stop and call 312-334-1250 or email email@example.com before proceeding. We'll be glad to answer your questions and help you avoid problems later on.
Registration rates are available through 11:59 p.m. CT on the following dates:
- Early Bird rate — through February 13
- Regular rate — through March 13
- Last-chance rate — after March 13
Important! If you are registering by mail or fax, APA must receive your registration form and payment by the deadline date indicated to qualify for the associated rate.
Badges and Activity Tickets
If you register by March 13, APA will mail your badge and activity tickets to you (United States and Canada only). Take them with you to San Francisco. International attendees, other than from Canada, will pick up their packets at the Pre-Registered Pick-up Booth at registration in Moscone West. Only one badge will be issued for each registration. If APA receives your registration after March 13, you can print your badge and any tickets you have purchased at Moscone West. You may add activity tickets at any time. (Note: After March 13, all ticket sales are final.)
There are two types of conference activities.
Non-Ticketed Activities: All non-ticketed activities are included with your conference registration. Adding a non-ticketed activity to your schedule is for your reference only; it does not save you a seat (so don't be late!) or require you to attend.
Ticketed Activities: Activities displaying the ticket icon require a ticket in order to attend. Even if an activity ticket is free, add it to your cart and "purchase" it during checkout. Only a purchased ticket will confirm your space in that activity. Please check your cart to ensure you have purchased all the tickets you want.
Standby Tickets: APA sells standby tickets to mobile workshops after the designated capacity is met. Holders of standby tickets are put on a waiting list.
Go to the mobile workshop departure area at the appropriate date and time. If space becomes available, individuals on the waiting list will be accommodated in the order their standby tickets were purchased. If space does not become available, take your standby ticket to the Cashier Booth at registration and ask for a refund request form. Complete the form and return it to the cashier with your standby ticket. APA will issue a refund for the standby ticket within three weeks after the conference.
Attendees who do not purchase standby tickets may add their names to the waiting list in the mobile workshop departure area. If all standby ticket holders are accommodated, APA will sell additional tickets — as space is available — up to the time of departure.
What Registration Includes
- Full program access
- Welcome Reception
- Exhibit Hall Happy Hour
- Awards Luncheon* (not included in APA Life, Retired, and Student Member discounted registration)
- Post-conference access to program presentations and recordings
*Full-paid registration includes Monday's Awards Luncheon. To attend, reserve a free ticket before the conference. Space is limited, and we expect all available tickets to be claimed. Attendees may purchase additional Awards Luncheon tickets for $50.
How to Pay for Registration and Tickets
Indicate your payment method on the registration form if you register by mail or fax. APA must receive your full payment, in U.S. dollars, by a listed deadline date to qualify for the associated rate.
- Pay by check (mail registrations only). Make check payable to American Planning Association.
- Pay by credit card (required for fax registrations). APA accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. The cardholder's signature is required.
If you register online, APA will email a confirmation within 24 hours. If you register by mail or fax, APA will email a confirmation within two weeks of receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you must cancel or transfer your registration, email email@example.com. You cannot cancel or transfer by phone or via social media. March 13 is the last day to cancel and receive a refund. There is a $50 fee for cancellations and transfers ($35 for students).
If you wish to cancel your purchase of a ticketed activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You cannot cancel by phone. March 13 is the last day to cancel and receive a refund. There is no fee to cancel a purchased ticketed activity.
At registration at Moscone West
- APA will not change or cancel a registration.
- APA will not issue refunds.
- APA will accept only checks, cash, and credit cards for payment.
- APA will process overpayments from checks received on site within three weeks after the conference.
- APA will charge $10 for a replacement badge; proof of registration is required.
- All ticket sales are final after March 13. Ticket holders may swap tickets among themselves.
- Awards Luncheon tickets will not be available.
Questions about Registration?
APA Policy Regarding Release of NPC19 Attendee Information
APA respects the privacy of individuals who have registered for NPC19 and retains sole control of the registrant list and all of the information it contains. We will release registrant information only to NPC19 exhibitors and sponsors and only for individuals who have opted in to receiving communications from NPC19 exhibitors. Please disregard any communications you receive regarding NPC19 registrant lists that are not from APA.
- Typical conference attire is business casual.
- APA will record and photograph portions of the conference. By registering for NPC19, you agree to be photographed or recorded and grant APA permission to use the photographs or recordings on APA's website, YouTube channel, Twitter feed, and other social media; in APA publications; emails; and elsewhere.