Broadband Infrastructure Study
Arlington County, VA
Arlington County, Virginia is seeking a consultant to assess available broadband and digital inclusion resources, evaluate resident and business needs, explore broadband delivery models, and identify strategies for increasing broadband resources. The study will help Arlington select and implement appropriate solutions to address Arlington's digital divide and ensure adequate and affordable broadband access across the County. The countywide study will focus on answering the following questions:
- What is the extent and quality of broadband infrastructure in Arlington today?
- Do the available broadband resources meet the County's current and future needs?
- What is the nature and extent of the unserved/underserved population (related to access, adoption, affordability, internet quality, digital literacy, and device needs)?
- What broadband speed is needed for long-term planning, and what is the most appropriate technology to facilitate the County's needs?
- What infrastructure development and internet service delivery options should be pursued, given the County's available resources, existing and future community needs, and costs?
Proposals are due January 20, 2022
Interested applicants should use the following link to access the RFP, submit questions, or submit a bid: https://vrapp.vendorregistry.com/Bids/View/Bid/29748885-5b5a-4b0f-826d-a77e030a191b