Environment, Natural Resources and Energy Division Student Fellowship Program
APA's Environment, Natural Resources and Energy Division announces its Student Fellowship Program for second-year planning graduate students.
To provide financial support for a student interested and excelling in graduate level studies in planning related to natural resources, energy or the environment.
$2,500 for the 2017-2018 School Calendar Year (two awards of $1,250 at the end of each semester)
- Second-year or later, full- or part-time graduate student enrolled in a PAB-accredited graduate (master's level only) planning program focusing on issues related to the environment, natural resources, or energy. Student may be full or part-time, but must be classified as a student in a Master of Planning program or related field.
- GPA: B or above (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Studies focused on issues related to the environment, natural resources or energy, and pursuing a program or course of study consistent with the Division's mission.
- Preference will be given to students with APA and Division memberships.
The Division's Fellowship committee will select the Fellowship recipient by August 31, 2017.
The Division's mission is to promote sound environmental, natural resources and energy planning and sound resource use policies among individual members of APA and the general public, and within the planning profession and communities of all scales.
Awards will be based on:
- Meeting the eligibility criteria
- Quality of the application materials
- Connection of the student's course of study to Division's mission
- ENRE Fellowship Application (.docx)
- Recommendation letter from thesis/project faculty advisor
- Description of master's thesis or project, including how it relates to the Division's mission (800-word maximum)
- Essay describing interest in environmental planning, experience (extra-curricular activities may be included), and future career goals (600-word maximum)
- CV or resume
Responsibility of the student Fellow:
- Maintain the course of study identified in the application and GPA of B or greater
How to submit:
Submit a completed application with the five submission requirements listed above by August 1, 2017 to Danielle Bower at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following the selection process, the recipient of the fellowship award will be asked to summarize his or her research for publication in the ENRE Division's newsletter. The student selected will also be encouraged to submit an application to present a session at the APA National Planning Conference for the following year.