Negotiation Skills for Planners
Monday, December 18, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
Monday, December 18, 2017, 9:30 p.m. EST
Orlando, FL, United States
CM | 1.50Add to My Log
The session will be an interactive course on the ins and outs of negotiation from the position of a public sector employee.
The speaker will recount lessons learned and share best practices for effective communication with developers, stake holders, and adjacent public entities. This event will teach professional planners effective communication techniques through:
- Discussion of personal experiences and lessons learned;
- Interactive guided workshop.
Several points will be focused on during the lecture:
· Negotiating with developers to resolve issues site plan issues.
· Encouraging equitable discussions for neighborhood outreach.
· Lessons learned navigating the inherently political landscape of planning and development.
Planners will be able to apply these strategies and lessons learned within their own communities to help negotiate better development within their city.
Jason Burton, AICP
Christine Dalton, email@example.com