Section 106 Basics Course
Thursday, October 18, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CDT
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
CM | 6You cannot log or evaluate future events.
The Section 106 Basics is a one-day overview course for early-career cultural resources practitioners as well as managers/decision makers from federal agencies, SHPOs, THPOs, Tribes/NHOs, applicants, and others. Through small group exercises and knowledge checks, a participant will apply the four-step Section 106 review process to example undertakings from your own experience, practice identifying consulting parties and planning to involve the public, describe an Area of Potential Effect, identify strategies to avoid adverse effects, and practice documenting a mitigation commitment in a sample agreement stipulation.
What will you learn in The Section 106 Basics?
- Define common terms in Section 106 reviews
- Apply the four-step Section 106 review process to example federal undertakings from your own experience
- Practice identifying consulting parties and planning to involve the public
- Identify strategies to avoid adverse effects
- Practice documenting a mitigation commitment in a sample agreement stipulation
Cindy Bienvenue, email@example.com