At the Crossroads: Multi-modal Transportation in Southeast Wisconsin (9th Annual Planning and a Pint)
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. CST
Milwaukee, WI, United States
CM | 1.50You cannot log or evaluate future events.
This event will provide a panel discussion on the future of multimodal transportation in Southeastern Wisconsin. The region is currently undergoing a transformation with high levels of new development and redevelopment, and an increasing number of choices for transportation in place or planned for the future (Milwaukee Streetcar, East-West BRT, bike/scooter share, etc.). With all of these choices, what should be the region’s priorities moving forward? How do the regional partners work together to create a sustainable multimodal transportation system that serves our communities?
Planning topics to be covered or highlighted within the panel discussion questions include:
- Technology and trends in transportation
- Complete Streets
- Jobs-Workers Mismatch
- Transportation strategies for addressing poverty/racial segregation in the region
- Regional Transportation Authorities
- Role of FoxConn in the future of regional transportation system
- Major Transportation Projects in the Region (Interstates, Streetcar, BRT, etc.)
The panel discussion will be in standard format with a moderator and five panelists. There will be time allotted at the end of the event for the audience to ask questions.
Kevin Muhs, AICP
Aaron Michelson, firstname.lastname@example.org