NW Indiana Complete Streets Workshop
Friday, December 7, 2018
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. CST
Portage, IN, United States
CM | 6Add to My Log
NIRPC, the Active Transportation Alliance from Chicago and Health by Design out of Indianapolis will come together for an all-day workshop to discuss how to develop a Complete Streets Policy for local jurisdictions.
Learning objectives include the following:
- Gain insight into the key elements of a Complete Streets policy and model language to include in it.
- Understand the barriers and pitfalls for developing and adopting a Complete Streets policy and identify ways to mitigate them.
- Learn tools and best practices for Complete Streets policy implementation
Outcomes for those participating include:
- Develop a working draft of a Complete Streets policy for your jurisdiction.
- Create a work plan for finalizing and adopting your community's Complete Streets policy.
Mitchell Barloga, AICPNone
Kim IrwinHealth by Design
Heather SchadyActive Transportation Alliance
Melody GeraciActive Transportation Alliance
Tish Mayfield, email@example.com