Arts and Planning Interest Group/ArtPlace America Joint Event, Meeting, and Reception
You are invited to a panel discussion on planning efforts that put people first, co-sponsored by the American Planning Association’s Arts and Planning Interest Group (APIG) and ArtPlace America.
Join fellow planners, artists, and placemakers for a conversation on how to foster equitable development through arts and culture strategies, which are locally informed, human-centric, and holistic. This all-star ensemble of experts based in New York City and beyond includes:
- Caron Atlas, Arts & Democracy Project
- Jamie Bennett, ArtPlace America
- Julie Burros, Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture, City of Boston
- Hope Knight, Greater Jamaica Development Corporation
- James Lima, James Lima Planning + Development
- Eddie Torres, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
After the discussion, stick around for a casual reception and APIG business meeting that will include drinks and appetizers from 6:30-7:30 pm. The event is free, but attendees must pre-register to gain admittance.
Location: SubCulture, 45 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012