Planner / Grant Specialist
Flint Hills Regional Council
Manhattan, KS United States
POSITION FUNDED THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022 ONLY
(Unless additional funding is otherwise made available)
SALARY: $45,000 - $55,000 ANNUALLY (DEPENDING ON QUALIFICATIONS)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled.
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME Via E-mail to Christy@flinthillsregion.org
The Flint Hills Regional Council is seeking a qualified Urban Planner and/or Grant Specialist to manage and/or assist with planning, coordinating, and implementation related projects and initiatives focused on Regional COVID-19 Recovery and Resiliency efforts. The position will provide support to the Executive Director including GIS, data collection and analysis, statistics, community outreach, plan development, website administration, and grant management.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Geography, Public Health, Business, Economics, or a related field PLUS one (1) year of experience in planning, research methods, grant management or related field required (OR) a Masters Degree in Planning with no experience. Possession of a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record required.
Duties of the Planner / Grant Specialist will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a project manager implementing regional COVID-19 recovery and resiliency driven planning efforts and initiatives.
- Coordinate outreach throughout the Flint Hills Economic Development District to identify key stakeholders to serve on a multi-jurisdictional recovery planning committee.
- Assist in development of a recovery and resiliency plan and recommendations based on both data and regional stakeholder input.
- Coordinate activities outlined within the Flint Hills Regional Council's EDA CARES Act grant scope of work.
- Assist with Flint Hills Safe and Open Pledge and other public awareness and coordinating efforts.
- Promote funding opportunities and funding source webinars throughout the region.
- Research COVID-19 related recovery and resiliency funding sources.
- Assist in coordinating, developing and/or submitting funding applications.
- Conduct Geography Information System (GIS) analysis and provide overall GIS support.
- Provide critical information such as economic trends, labor data, public health data, population projections, anticipated community needs, research regarding rapidly changing federal and state COVID-related support, special studies, etc.
- Host and/or participate in meeting series to continue regular focused discussions.
- Assist with website administration and launching technology solutions and system development.
- Assist with developing partnerships and training opportunities.
- Develop and manage request for proposal process for procurement of various goods and services.
- Assist with the data collection, analysis, meeting facilitation, development and implementation of planning projects and initiatives. This may include identifying trends or needs and making recommendations.
- Develop progress reports and presentations.
- Provide professional, quality customer service.
- Additional duties as assigned to serve the needs of the Flint Hills Regional Council, as permitted by the grant scope of work.
- Master's degree in urban planning or related field, plus one or more years of experience.
- Grant management experience.
- Experience and/or Certification in Geographic Information Systems
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in applying the principles and practices of planning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, to facilitate community meetings, and technical writing experience.
- Understanding of research methods and ability to apply analytical and project management skills.
Conditions of Employment: Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver's license and driving record check may be conducted if driving is a job requirement. You will be paid by direct deposit. College transcript may be required as a condition for offer of employment.
The Flint Hills Regional Council affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or sexual orientation.
Email cover letter and resume to Christy@flinthillsregion.org