Hopkins County Joint Planning Commission
Madisonville, KY United States
The ideal candidate has knowledge of planning, zoning, and land use principles, including the interpretation and implementation of laws, codes, rules, and regulations.
In addition, the candidate should be skilled in providing positive, solutions-oriented, and effective customer service and promoting a culture of teamwork by treating coworkers, stakeholders, and applicants with respect and dignity and engaging in open dialogue with diverse voices. Candidate will supervise all employees of the Commission.
Collaborates with architects, engineers, contractors, professional services and other construction specialists. Holds all aforementioned and other firms accountable to ensure that all projects are in compliance. Develops and implements goals, priorities, policies and procedures relating to Planning and Community Development.
- Comprehensive planning
- Representative to City and County Members
- Member of regional planning groups (ie: PADD, GRADD, STUDY GROUPS etc.)
- Member of City and County Groups
- Research and prepare recommendations to the Planning Commission concerning zoning map amendments, zoning text amendments, major plats, development plans, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Efficiency in MS Office, ArcMap, File Maker, AutoCad
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Planning or related field. Minimum of three years direct work experience in a planning office. AICP preferred