Economic Development Analyst
Jon Stover & Associates
Washington, DC United States
How to Apply
WHO WE ARE
Jon Stover & Associates (JS&A) is a leading Economic Development Consulting firm that helps our clients bridge the gap between the worlds of local policy, business, urban design, community interest, and real estate development. We specialize in economic and real estate analysis, neighborhood revitalization strategy, and strategy implementation. We work with city agencies, real estate developers, community groups, nonprofit organizations, and private businesses to help local communities thrive. For more on us and our work, check out our website: www.stoverandassociates.com.
The Economic Development Analyst supports analysis, strategy development, and deliverable creation on various projects that offer our clients strategies for community revitalization, small area plans, real estate development feasibility, market analysis, fiscal and economic impact assessment, and other types of economic and planning analysis. JS&A is a small and growing company, and correspondingly, the Analyst serves as a jack of all trades. In addition to working on multiple concurrent projects, the Analyst plays an active role in administrative tasks and business development. Travel may be required on a project-by-project basis, and the Analyst must be comfortable in a variety of work environments. The position offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. JS&A's comprehensive benefits package includes health benefits, 401k contributions, and paid time off.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a collaborative team member who can crunch numbers, produce high-quality deliverable content, and brings enthusiasm for making cities and places better. A candidate should have:
- Passion for cities, communities, and neighborhoods of all types.
- Educational background and 1-5 years of work experience in urban planning, real estate development, economics, community development, or a similar field.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to translate data and complex ideals in an easy to understand, reader-friendly way.
- Competency using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; familiarity with GIS is a plus.
- Ability to conduct independent research and meet deadlines in a goal-oriented environment.
- Located in the Washington, DC region with the ability to start the position with a hybrid in-office/remote schedule.
WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
- Cultural Heritage Corridor Economic Development Strategy and Nonprofit Support in Buffalo, NY
- Arts and Cultural-Based Economic Development Strategies for Communities Across the Country
- Market Analysis and Retail Revitalization Strategy for the Small Lakefront Community of Sodus Point, NY
- Guidebook Creation for Measuring Impacts of Historic Preservation in Pennsylvania
- Study of Business Resiliency During the Pandemic for the Washington State Main Street Program
- Assessment of the Impact of Downtown Revitalization Programs for the Iowa Economic Development Authority
- Real Estate Development Portfolio Economic, Fiscal, Community, and Environmental Impact Analyses
- COVID Impact Analysis and Business Support Strategy in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Economic Development Strategies for the Cities of Boynton Beach and Coral Gables, FL
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should email their resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com, attached together as a single PDF document. Include your full name in both the email subject line and the attachment file name. In your cover letter, please indicate the position you are applying for and when you can start. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
We Can't wait to work with you!