The Big Easy, The Crescent City, the Birthplace of Jazz — the City of New Orleans goes by many names, but there's only one of this American original. In 2018, this vibrant city hosts the National Planning Conference.
Experience Our Host City
New Orleans is a city rich in culture, history, and traditions. Dip your toe into the Big Easy's unique way of life with a few of these one-of-a-kind stops.
- Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard — the cultural planning crown jewel of Central City, named for the legendary civil rights activist
- Southern Food and Beverage Museum — Dig a little deeper into Southern and Gulf Coast cuisine. (It's also home to the Museum of the American Cocktail!)
- Backstreet Cultural Museum — Learn more about the history behind second lines, jazz funerals, and those incredible Mardi Gras Indian costumes
It's all about the sauce in New Orleans. Crackling with a tantalizing gumbo of culinary history and cocktail culture, New Orleans is the best place to eat in America. Be sure to try some of the foods that call NOLA home during your visit. Here are just a few recommendations.
- Beignets at Café du Monde
- Po-Boys at Parkway or Domilise's
- Gumbo at Liuzza's by the Track
New Orleans is peppered with James Beard Award winners.
The musical notes of jazz, brass, R&B, soul and innovative mixes are heard all over the city. Music clubs pulse with compelling live acts every night of the week. Here are just a few spots to check out: