The APA Private Practice Division seeks to:
• Promote the quality of private practice planning.
• Support the development of professional and business skills unique to the private practice planner.
• Increase the recognition of the value of planning in the private sector.
• Improve the manner in which consultants are used.
• Improve the image of the planner/private practitioner.
PPD members receive regular news, updates on upcoming events, and other items of interest to planning consultants. Plans for member benefits in 2016 include a news blog, a consultant directory, and coordinating local networking events.