May 5–7, 2021 | Online
Calling All Students!
Share an innovative idea at NPC21! APA is seeking students who offer innovative approaches to current issues and pain points for practicing planners.
We are looking for ePosters that showcase new engagement techniques to target underrepresented populations in the planning process, specifically, but not limited to, in the following areas:
- Expanding inclusionary community engagement
- Reaching unrepresented populations for community participation
- Closing the broadband gap
- Providing technical tools and resources for engagement
- Offering innovative approaches to broaden public participation
Conference registration is required for all ePoster presenters listed within a poster proposal. The registration deadline for poster presenters is April 19.
The top 10 posters will be transformed into an online course within APA Learn — showcasing the excellent work of the student and their affiliate university. Winners will receive a certificate and acknowledgment of publication in APA Learn.
What to Include in a poster Proposal
- Choose a title for your ePoster that aligns with the solutions offered, is enticing to the attendee, conveys value, and emphasizes urgency. 8-word limit.
- Describe the issue and solutions
- What issue will be addressed and what is your proposed solution? 40-word limit.
- Describe how you will advance inclusive and equitable community planning
- APA looks to represent and build more capacity for diverse perspectives through the NPC21 program. This poster should showcase equitable and inclusive approaches to planning that offer solutions to inequalities, recognizing the critical importance of addressing racial discrimination in advancing equitable communities. 50-word limit.
Submitting Your Poster
ePoster presentations will include one slide and up to 3 minutes of recorded narration. Presenters are encouraged to take advantage of the versatility of this medium by including images, graphs, charts, etc. All accepted posters will be digitally displayed during NPC21.
- The complete ePoster is limited to one slide.
- The final ePoster size in landscape should be set to a ratio of 16:9. We recommend building your poster in PowerPoint or similar programs.
- Fonts should be sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Calibri, etc.)
- Minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt.
- The final uploaded poster must be a PDF file and saved as the highest resolution possible.
- All ePosters will be accompanied by 3-minute (maximum) audio recording describing the solutions offered.
- A ePoster PDF must be uploaded to the system first prior to beginning the audio recording.
- After ePosters are accepted, all audio recordings must be recorded in the system April 26. No additional file types may accompany posters.
|ePoster collection||March 15 – April 8 at noon CT|
|ePoster review||April 8 – 12|
|Acceptance notifications sent||April 12|
|Upload ePoster PDF and record audio||April 19-26|