Self-Reporting CM Credits
Option 1: CM Credit for Pro Bono for Planning Service
Pro bono planning service is an option within self-reported CM credits. AICP members may self-report a maximum of eight CM credits in a two-year reporting period (excludes topic requirements on Law, Ethics, Equity and Sustainability & Resilience CM credit requirements). Click here to continue to the pro bono criteria and form.
Option 2: CM Credit for Professional Development Activity not Registered with APA by the Provider
- For every two-year CM reporting period, AICP members may self-report up to 8 credits from professional development activities that are not registered with APA by the provider.
- Members may submit events that occurred on or after their AICP start date.
- Must have participated within the "active" two-year reporting period.
- The self-report form may be used as many times as needed, however only 8 CM credits will apply.
- For multi-part events, please use only one form. Enter the dates and the times of the event and not each individual session. Briefly describe all individual sessions and speaker information in the "Event or Course Description."
- On demand education (i.e., asynchronous learning events, CD-ROMs, telecasts, podcasts) is not eligible for self-reporting. A live webinar (interaction with a speaker) is eligible for self-reporting.
- Teaching for a salary, fee, or honorarium is not eligible for self-reporting CM credits.
- If you were a speaker or instructor at an event, you will receive CM credits for the duration of the activity, or the amount of time you spoke or instructed, plus 1 hour (CM) for preparation regardless of activity length. In the CM log, credit for speaking will be identified with an "S".
To be eligible for CM credit, a professional development activity must meet the following criteria:
- Taught at a level that is appropriate for a planner (i.e., for a planner with at least 4 years of professional experience after earning a 2-year master's degree).
- Meet a specific planning-related objective.
- Led by one or more subject matter experts.