Lake Merritt Station Area
AICP Community Planning Workshop Report
This report summarizes recommendations from the 2019 AICP Community Planning Workshop that focused on the Lake Merritt Station Area in Oakland, California.
APA, the city of Oakland, BART, East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation, and local planners worked together with area stakeholders, civic groups, and others to organize a workshop to focus on specific issues and goals related to establishing, financing, and sustaining a community benefits district in one of the last urban-infill neighborhoods in Downtown Oakland.
Table of Contents
The Purpose of the Community Assistance Program
Background on Study Area
Topic Area “TED Talks”
- Public spaces, BART station TOD proposal, and BIDS/CBDs
- Oakland Fruitvale District and Cultural Districts
- District-based Financing Tools
- Parking Benefit Districts
- Demand-based Parking Program
- Report Outs from Breakout Groups