Advance Planning Policy
Take Action Now
Tell Congress that Tax Reform Should Not Hurt Local Investment in Infrastructure, Housing, and Economic Development
Send APA President Cynthia Bowen's statement opposing specific provisions in tax reform legislation to your members of Congress.
Advance Inclusive, Smart Planning Policy
Promoting our Legislative Priorities and Infrastructure Principles
APA Statement on Tax Reform Legislation
Congress is considering tax reform legislation that hinders the opportunity for planners, local governments, and private sector partners to invest in infrastructure, housing, and economic development efforts. APA calls on Congress to preserve vital and proven tools in the tax code that spur economic growth by supporting critical investments in local communities.
Planners' Advocacy Network
The best way to shape federal planning policy outcomes through APA.
Free for all APA members, Network members enjoy:
- Exclusive tips, tools, and training
- Analysis on federal late breaking news
- Special rates for our annual Policy and Advocacy Conference
All the tools you need to make your voice heard on key planning issues.
- Advocacy resources
- Best practices
- Members-only webinars
- Success stories
- Amicus Curiae resources
Legislative Action Center
Use this resource to connect directly with elected officials and take action on pending legislation that impacts planning.
Actions to take now:
- Tell Congress to fully fund the 2020 Census
- Urge your representatives to support the Senate's Transportation, Housing and Urban Development spending bill
- Ask your legislators to support investment in urban parks
- Ask your Representatives to support coastal data
- Share policy ideas for an infrastructure package
- Inform elected officials about top planning priorities
Tip: Get started by watching our quick "how to" video.
APA works to advance planning through the judicial process by filing amicus curiae — friend of the court — briefs in select cases of national importance.
This online, interactive guide designed to help planners develop and deliver positive values-based messages about planning and APA to targeted audiences.