Advance Planning Policy
Take Action Now
Ask Your Representatives to Support National Community Planning Month
Sign up to receive staff assistance in asking your representatives to celebrate National Community Planning Month this October.
Advance Inclusive, Smart Planning Policy
Promoting our Legislative Priorities and Infrastructure Principles
APA Statement on FY 2018 Federal Budget Proposal
Early in 2017, President Trump proposed eliminating and severely cutting funding for key community development, transportation, and economic development programs. APA calls on Congress to reject these cuts and support essential investments in the future of our communities.
Planners' Advocacy Network
The best way to shape federal planning policy outcomes through APA.
Free for all APA members, Network members enjoy:
- Exclusive tips, tools, and training
- Analysis on federal late breaking news
- Special rates for our annual Policy and Advocacy Conference
All the tools you need to make your voice heard on key planning issues.
- Advocacy resources
- Best practices
- Members-only webinars
- Success stories
- Amicus Curiae resources
Legislative Action Center
Use this resource to connect directly with elected officials and take action on pending legislation that impacts planning.
Actions to take now:
- Urge your representatives to support the Senate's Transportation, Housing and Urban Development spending bill
- Ask your legislators to support investment in urban parks
- Ask your Representatives to support coastal data
- Share policy ideas for an infrastructure package
- Tell elected officials why severe cuts to key planning programs must not happen
- Inform elected officials about top planning priorities
Tip: Get started by watching our quick "how to" video.
APA works to advance planning through the judicial process by filing amicus curiae — friend of the court — briefs in select cases of national importance.
This online, interactive guide designed to help planners develop and deliver positive values-based messages about planning and APA to targeted audiences.