Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
Climate-Resilient Floating Residences
This issue of Zoning Practice explores the climate-adaptive features of floating residences, describes the different types of floating residences and the regulatory barriers they face, and explains how local jurisdictions typically regulate floating residences. It concludes by suggesting some climate-smart zoning strategies for floating residences and encourages communities to further investigate how they can support these resilient homes.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. It is a valuable digital resource for:
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Share Your Expertise
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Using zoning to advance equity, sustainability, and resilience objectives
- Recent trends in small town and rural area zoning
- The effects of demographic or technological change on land-use demand