Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
Comprehensive Street Naming and Addressing Systems
This issue of Zoning Practice explores the core components of a comprehensive street naming and property numbering system. It begins with a brief examination of the varied roles these systems play in urban and regional management and a short history of the evolution of street naming and property numbering in the U.S. Then it offers considerations for contemporary systems, in light of evolving values within the planning field.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. It is a valuable digital resource for:
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Purchase an organizational subscription and create your staff access list or subscribe individually. Student members enjoy free access to Zoning Practice.
Spotlight on Zoning Practice
March 10, 2023
What's in a (Street) Name?
February 16, 2023
It's Perilous to Ignore “Gentle” Zoning Reforms
January 13, 2023
Demystifying the Zoning Reform Process
December 12, 2022
Queuing Up Drive-Thru Zoning Reforms
November 11, 2022
Don’t Sleep on Coliving
October 13, 2022
Is Your Zoning Ready for the EV Surge?
Do Your Planning Boards Reflect Your Community?
August 16, 2022
How Should We Zone for Post-Retail Streets?
Share Your Expertise
Zoning Practice welcomes proposals from outside contributors
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Using zoning to advance equity, sustainability, and resilience objectives
- Recent trends in small town and rural area zoning
- The effects of demographic or technological change on land-use demand