Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
Coding to Avoid the Takings Trap
This edition of Zoning Practice summarizes the law of regulatory takings as it relates to development regulations and uses the Supreme Court's 2017 decision in Murr v. Wisconsin to illustrate a set of guidelines to help communities minimize their exposure to financial liability under federal and state takings principles.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. All student members have online access to ZP. Subscribers may read ZP online or in print.
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Share Your Expertise
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Zoning for a dramatic decline in demand for brick-and-mortar retail
- Zoning for urban manufacturing
- Zoning for major institutions (eds and meds)