Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
Preparing for the Electric Vehicle Surge
This issue of Zoning Practice identifies the land-use implications of the ongoing EV market transformation, particularly the considerations that communities need to address in regard to public EV charging infrastructure. It describes the significant differences between gas and electric vehicles in fueling practices, the unique land-use nature of EV charging equipment, and the evolving zoning practices that communities across the country are using for public (i.e., non-home) charging equipment and land use. Finally, this issue recommends some tools for assessing zoning considerations of EV charging infrastructure and shares examples of best practices that enable transparent and predictable zoning practices across jurisdictions.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. It is a valuable digital resource for:
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Special Promotional Offer
Through December 31, 2022, new individual subscribers will receive Zoning Practice for only $47 for a one-year subscription — a 50% discount off the standard pricing.
Share Your Expertise
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Using zoning to advance equity, sustainability, and resilience objectives
- Recent trends in small town and rural area zoning
- The effects of demographic or technological change on land-use demand