APA Awards and Honors
Recognizing great planning and celebrating the individuals who make it happen.
National Planning Awards
Each year, APA recognizes outstanding efforts in planning and planning leadership.
Great Places in America
APA honors places — in communities large and small — that celebrate stories of exemplary planning that has resulted in stronger, healthier, and more just communities.
Election to Fellow in the American Institute of Certified Planners (FAICP) is a recognition of exceptional AICP planners who have made significant contributions to planning and society in a variety of ways: professional practice, teaching and mentoring, research, public and community services, and leadership.
Student Awards, Scholarships & Fellowships
Find out eligibility and criteria, nomination and submission process, and lists of previous winners for prestigious planning student awards, scholarships, and fellowships.
- Scholarships & Fellowships. Provides financial awards to students through a variety of competitions.
- APA Outstanding Student Awards. Recognizes outstanding attainment in the study of planning.
- Student Project Award. Recognizes outstanding class projects or papers by an individual student or group of students in Planning Accreditation Board planning programs.
- Outstanding Planning Student Organization (PSO) Award. Recognizes Planning Student Organizations for creative, successful activities.
- Student Design Competitions. Aims to introduce and engage students on a variety of emerging issues, centered around the National Planning Conference.
Comprehensive Plan Standards for Sustaining Places
Through this initiative, APA defined a set of principles to guide comprehensive plans for sustaining places, and developed these guiding principles into a set of recommended planning practices to serve as a resource for the preparation of local comprehensive plans.