Allied Professionals & Citizens
APA Membership. Always Good. Now Even Better.
APA is about to offer an incredible deal! Beginning in July, new members* can join APA for $95 a year, for two years. That's as much as 84 percent lower than current rates.
* For first-time individual memberships and graduating student members only. Excludes international and group membership programs.
APA Isn't Just for Planners
APA offers opportunities for anyone with a passion for planning. A diversity of perspectives are all welcome and vital to building better communities.
Nonplanners who join APA enjoy the same benefits as members who are professional planners. Whether you're an architect, engineer, project manager, or an interested citizen — if you have a desire to help planners or help your community, then APA is where you belong!
- Expand your network. Engage with nearly 40,000 people from every state and more than 90 countries who share your dedication to creating communities that thrive and prosper. Discuss experiences and solve challenges with peers.
- Connect locally. Join one of 47 chapters — the local source for networking and professional development — and conveniently connect with the area planning community through the chapter's annual conference, education and advocacy programs, and public information campaigns.
- Connect with specialists. Members may join one or more of APA's 21 divisions — communities of professionals who share your interests — at a discounted rate. Divisions offer online education and forums, publications, and specialized sessions at the annual National Planning Conference, as well as contribute to national policy work.
- Keep up with planning. All members receive Planning magazine, access to current and archived publications of APA's Planning Advisory Service, and Interact — your best sources for news on contemporary planning practices. Get early access to new research and innovative practices.
- Save on other publications. Members enjoy discounts on resources through the APA Store and a lower subscription rate to the Journal of the American Planning Association — the planning profession's journal of record since 1935.
- Help your community. APA member dues support programs that foster good planning in local communities.
- Great Places in America recognizes exemplary streets, neighborhoods, and public spaces
- National Community Planning Month raises the visibility of planners and planning where you live
- Community Assistance Programs provide volunteer, place-based assistance and advisory services to communities, regions, and neighborhoods.
Other Ways to Participate
If you're interested in the field of planning but not in APA membership, consider:
- Subscribing to Planning. It's a great way to keep up with important planning issues and innovative practices.
- Donating to the APA Foundation to support student academic and travel scholarships, community assistance programs, special research projects, and more. The Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) subsidiary of APA and contributions are tax-deductible.