Membership for Allied Professionals & Citizens
APA Isn't Just for Planners
APA offers opportunities for anyone with a passion for planning. A diversity of perspectives are all welcome and vital to building better communities.
Nonplanners who join APA enjoy the same benefits as members who are professional planners. Whether you're an architect, engineer, project manager, or an interested citizen — if you have a desire to help planners or help your community, then APA is where you belong!
If you've never before been a member of APA, or are within one year of the lapse of your student membership, take advantage of our introductory rate and all our association offers.
Why Belong to APA?
- Expand your network. Engage with more than 40,000 people from every state and 90 countries who share your dedication to creating communities that thrive and prosper. Discuss experiences and solve challenges with peers.
- Connect locally. Join one of 48 chapters (required for U.S. members) — the local source for networking and professional development — and conveniently connect with the area planning community through the chapter's annual conference, education and advocacy programs, and public information campaigns.
- Connect with specialists. Members may join one or more of APA's 24 divisions — communities of professionals who share your interests — at a discounted rate. Divisions offer online education and forums, publications, and specialized sessions at the annual National Planning Conference, as well as contribute to national policy work.
- Keep up with planning. All members receive Planning magazine, access to current and archived publications of APA's Planning Advisory Service, APA's Research KnowledgeBase, and Interact — your best sources for news on contemporary planning practices.
- Save on other publications. Members enjoy discounts on resources and a lower subscription rate to the Journal of the American Planning Association — the planning profession's journal of record since 1935.