Join From Outside the United States
APA offers opportunities for anyone, anywhere with a commitment to planning. We connect more than 40,000 individuals from 90 countries who share your interests and can help shape your future. They include planners, allied professionals, engaged citizens, government officials, students, and scholars.
No other organization associated with the planning profession, anywhere in the world, provides the amount or quality of information, continuing education, and peer relationships that APA does. Membership in APA provides you with the most opportunities to elevate the practice of planning, the communities you serve, and your own career.
APA is an independent, nonprofit organization championing public engagement, promoting high ethical standards, conducting and publishing research, and advocating for good planning — in social, economic, and physical aspects of communities worldwide.
Why Belong to APA?
- Expand your network. Engage with planners from across the globe and from disciplines you care about: discuss experiences, solve challenges, and possibly land your next job!
- Connect with specialists. Join one or more of APA's 21 divisions — communities of professionals with shared interests — at a discounted rate. Divisions offer online education and forums, publications, and specialized sessions at the annual National Planning Conference held in a major U.S. city.
- Get AICP certified. Only as an APA member can you earn certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners. Successful candidates are APA members who meet the Institute's requirements for education and experience and pass a comprehensive planning examination.
- Keep up with planning. All members have access to the digital version of Planning magazine (subscription to the print version is optional) — your best sources for news on contemporary planning practices, unlimited access to current and archived publications from APA's Planning Advisory Service, APA's Research KnowledgeBase, and our member e-newsletter Interact. Get early access to new research and innovative practices, the APA Library's E-book Collection and discounts on resources through the online store.
- Save on JAPA. Members get a discount on subscriptions to the Journal of the American Planning Association — the planning profession's journal of record since 1935.
- Update your skills. Take advantage of the advanced training APA offers — delivered in-person and online — at the reduced member rate.
APA and AICP Member Dues — International
|APA Dues||AICP Dues||Total APA & AICP Dues|
*Including U.S. territories and foreign U.S. Military bases
All International dues must be paid in U.S. currency (USD).