Master Plan Land Development Code
Village of North Palm Beach
North Palm Beach, FL
The Village of North Palm Beach, Florida, a Florida municipal corporation located in Palm Beach County Florida ("Village"), is accepting Statements of Qualifications from Firms experienced in writing form-based and hybrid land development codes that align with master plans.
The Village adopted a Master Plan Report prepared by the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council on October 27, 2016 as a guideline for future development within certain geographical areas of the Village. The Village intends to re-write its codes to align with the Master Plan Report and is seeking professionals to draft a proposed form-based code to supersede, in part, the present zoning ordinance and other applicable local land development regulations. This code is to be consistent with the definitions established by the Form-Based Code Institute (FBCI). In summary, the Zoning code is intended to foster predictable built results and a high-quality public realm by using physical form, rather than the separation of uses, as the organizing principle. It will be coherent, integrated, concise, consistent, innovative, and user friendly.
The purpose of the RFQ is to invite qualified professional planning consultants, urban designers, and multi-disciplinary firms to submit a written proposal to produce modern, innovative and integrated zoning code provisions for non-residential and mixed-use properties which implement the Master Plan Report concepts and guiding principles for the Village and that:
- Are based on sound principles of smart growth, mixed-use and sustainable development;
- Are consistent with the adopted Master Plan Report;
- Are logically organized, and easy to read and understand;
- Include an extensive use of graphics to illustrate key points;
- Are consistent and predictable in terms of processes and requirements;
- Involve the public in a meaningful and effective way using appropriate public participation techniques; and
- Are easily expanded and amended in the future to respond to changing market and socio-economic conditions.
Interested Firms should download the complete RFQ from the Village of North Palm Beach website. Responses are due no later than 2:15 p.m. on September 26, 2017 to the Village Clerk's Office, 501 US Hwy 1, North Palm Beach, Florida 33408.