Wildfire Protection Plan
Steamboat Springs, CO
Routt County, Colorado and its partners seek an experienced, energetic, multidisciplinary consultant team to assist in the development of an annex to the current Routt County Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) which will serve as and meet all the requirements of a countywide Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP). The purpose of this planning project is to engage communities in Routt County in developing a CWPP to guide wildfire preparedness and long-term mitigation activities. The plan must meet the requirements for a CWPP established by the Colorado State Forest Service and the most current FEMA and DHSEM Local Hazard Mitigation Planning requirements.
The primary objectives for the plan as developed by the Routt County Wildfire Mitigation Council are the following:
- Provide a local ground-truthed assessment of values at risk, key vulnerabilities, and a wildland-urban interface map for Routt County.
- Create an actionable and user-friendly wildfire mitigation and community resilience plan that prioritizes those communities determined to be at the most risk of wildfires.
- Promote inclusive, countywide participation, including government agencies and private property communities, that results in a plan that reflects local and County needs and priorities.
- Develop prioritized recommendations for specific and feasible actions, to include the following types: a) Forest management and ecosystem (e.g. watershed) protection and restoration b) Fuels treatment projects c) Other community resilience measures to improve public safety, to include but not limited to updated building and planning codes, multiple access and evacuation routes, and wildfire mitigation policies and standards. d) Education and outreach activities e) Critical infrastructure protection f) Strategic plans and partnerships.
- Identify a strategy for implementing recommendations that includes key considerations, roles and responsibilities, and potential funding and technical assistance opportunities
- Improve public awareness of wildfire risk, knowledge of effective risk reduction measures, and willingness to take and to support mitigation actions.
The scope of work and proposal requirements may be found in the full RFP on the Routt County, Colorado website at http://co-routtcounty.civicplus.com/bids.aspx?bidid=417.
Proposal responses must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. Mountain Time June 2, 2022. All questions must be received, in writing, prior to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time May 23, 2022 and shall be directed only to Routt County Purchasing Agent Julie Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.