Housing Needs and Market Analysis
City of Minot
The City of Minot, North Dakota requests proposals from qualified consultants for a housing needs and market analysis. Qualifications and cost based selection criteria will be used to analyze proposals from responding consultants. The most qualified candidates may be invited to present a virtually or in-person hosted interview. Upon completion of technical ranking and interviews, the City will enter into negotiations with the top ranked firm. City reserves the right to reject any or all submittals. This project will be funded by the City of Minot, North Dakota and has a not-to-exceed budget of $150,000.
Interested firms can request a full copy of the RFP by telephoning 701-857-4147, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The RFP will also be posted at www.minotnd.org.
All proposals received by the City Clerk by 12:00 pm (Central Time) on March 23, 2023 at (1025 31st Street SE, Minot ND) will be given equal consideration. Proposals received after 12:00 pm (Central Time) on March 23, 2023 will not be considered. Respondents must submit seven (7) full length written proposals with an attached hard copy of the cost proposal (see Exhibit A) and a PDF of the written and cost proposal.
The digital version (PDF) of the written and cost proposals may be emailed or placed on a thumb drive and mailed with the written proposal. The consultant must verify that the email was received with the PDF attachment prior to 12:00 pm on the due date. Fax versions will not be accepted as substitutes for the written and cost proposals. Once submitted, the proposals will become property of the City of Minot.
Questions must be directed to Brian Billingsley (phone number and email shown below).
Brian Billingsley, AICP, Community & Economic Development Director
City of Minot Community Development Department
Note: This document can be made available in alternative formats for persons with disabilities by contacting Nicole Rivera, Administrative Clerk, at 701-857-4022 or email@example.com
V IMPLEMENTATION SCHEDULE
Advertise for Consultant Proposals — 2/01/2023
Due Date for Proposal Submittals (by 12:00 pm) — 3/23/2023
Review Proposals/Identify Finalists — 3/23/2023 – 3/31/2023
Interview Finalists — 4/17/2023 and 4/21/2023
Consultant Notice — 4/24/2023
City Council Approval of Consultant — 5/01/2023
Contract Negotiations —5/ 04/2023
Approval of Contract — After Contract Negotiations
Signed Contract — Immediately after City Council approval
Notice to Proceed — Immediately after signed contract
Project completion is desired within six months to one year after entering into contract. Proposals must include a schedule that shows completion timeframes for project milestones and for the final product.
VI EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Selection Committee. The Client, through the City Manager, will establish a Selection Committee to recommend to selection a Consultant to the City Council. The committee will likely consist of members of the Study Review Committee.
The Consultant selection process will be administered under the following criteria:
- 20% - Cost of proposed work
- 20% - Understanding of project objectives, proposed approach, work plan, and management techniques
- 20% - Experience with similar projects and familiarity with the regional issues
- 20% - Expertise of the technical and professional staff assigned to the project
- 20% - Current workload and ability to meet timeline
The Selection Committee, at the discretion of the Client, will entertain virtual and in-person presentations for the top candidates to provide additional information for the evaluation process. The presentations will be followed by a question and answer period during which the committee may question the prospective Consultants about their proposed approaches.
A Consultant will be selected based on an evaluation of the proposals submitted, the recommendation of the Selection Committee and approval by the Minot City Council.
The Client reserves the right to reject any or all proposals or to waive minor irregularities in said proposal, and reserves the right to negotiate minor deviations to the proposal with the successful Consultant.
The Client reserves the right to award a contract to the firm or individual that presents the proposal, which, in the sole judgement of the Client, best accomplishes the desired results. The RFP does not commit the Client to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of the contract in response to this request or to procure or contract for services or supplies. The Client reserves the right to withdraw this RFP at any time without prior notice. All proposals, whether selected or rejected, shall become the property of the Client.
VII PROPOSAL CONTENT
The purpose of the proposal is to demonstrate the qualifications, competence, and capacity of the Consultant seeking to provide comprehensive services specified herein for the Client, in conformity with the requirements of the RFP. The proposal should demonstrate qualifications of the firm and its staff to undertake this project. It should also specify the proposed approach that best meets the RFP requirements. The proposal must address each of the service specifications under the Scope of Work and Performance Tasks.
The Client is asking the Consultant to supply the following information. Please include all requested information in the proposal to the fullest extent practical.
Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address and other contact information for the Consultant’s Project Manager.
Introduction and Executive Summary.
This section shall document the Consultant name, business address (including telephone, email address(es)), year established, type of ownership and parent company (if any), project manager name and qualifications, and any major facts, features, recommendations or conclusions that may differentiate this proposal from others, if any.
Work Plan and Project Methodology.
Proposals shall include the following, at minimum:
- A detailed work plan identifying the major tasks to be accomplished relative to the requested study tasks and expected product as outlined in this RFP;
- A timeline for completion of the requested services, identifying milestones for development of the project and completion of individual tasks.
- List of projects with similar size, scope, type, and complexity that the proposed project team has successfully completed in the past.
- List of the proposed principal(s) who will be responsible for the work, proposed Project Manager and project team members (with resumes).
- A breakout of hours for each member of the team by major task area, and an overall indication of the level of effort (percentage of overall project team hours) allocated to each task. Note that specific budget information is to be submitted in a cost proposal as described below in Section VIII, Submittal Information and Exhibit A, Cost Proposal Form.
- A list of any subcontracted agencies, the tasks they will be assigned, the percent of work to be performed, and the staff that will be assigned.
- List of client references for similar projects described within the RFP.
- Ability of firm to meet required time schedules based on current and known future workload of the staff assigned to the project.
- The nature of the counting equipment proposed and details of the reliability and proven capability of the equipment to gather accurate, reliable data
Proposals shall be signed in ink by an authorized member of the firm/project team.
VIII Submittal Information
PDFs of technical proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or placed on a thumb drive and mailed with seven (7) hard copies of the full length proposal with the attached cost proposal to the contact person as defined below:
United States Postal Service
City of Minot
P.O. Box 5006
Minot, ND 58702
City of Minot
515 2nd Avenue SW
Minot, ND 58701
Proposals shall be received by 12:00 pm (Central Time) on Thursday, March 23, 2023 at the City of Minot City Hall. Minority, women-owned and disadvantaged business enterprises are encouraged to participate. The full length of each proposal should not exceed thirty (30) pages; including any supporting material, charts or tables.
This is an abbreviated version of the RFP. The entire RFP is available on the City's website (www.minotnd.gov) or you can contact Community & Economic Development Director Brian Billingsley at 701-857-4147 or email@example.com for a copy of the RFP.