Arts and Planning Interest Group
Arts and culture is an essential element of what makes places and communities healthy, connected, and vibrant.
The Arts and Planning Interest Group (APIG) is a collaborative space for planners and artists who believe that arts and culture is an essential element of what makes places and communities healthy, connected, and vibrant.
The Interest Group provides a forum for identifying, developing, and refining policy and planning tools that promote the integration of arts and culture into community development and planning. This includes exploration of topics like creative placemaking, cultural planning, public art planning, cultural economic development, and zoning and permitting pertaining to arts uses and facilities.
APIG is free to join. To sign up, take the new members survey.
Also, join our LinkedIn group to stay connected and informed about events and more!
If you would like more information, please contact the organizer:
- Jennifer Erickson, Metropolitan Area Planning Council
firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-933-0759
APIG 2019 National Advisory Committee
- Erika Dani, Asset Manager, Artspace Projects, Inc.
- Ethan Ellestad, Executive Director, Music and Culture Coalition of New Orleans
- Sakina Khan, Deputy Director for Citywide Strategy and Analysis, DC Office of Planning
- Jacquelyn Rouse, AICP, Planning Administrator, Department of Planning and Zoning, Annapolis, Maryland
- Miguel Angel Vasquez, AICP, Healthy Communities Planner, Riverside University Health System-Public Health
- Mark VanderSchaaf, Consultant, Forecast Public Art and chair of the Arts & Culture Committee of the APA Regional and Intergovernmental Planning Division
APIG Google Listserv
In addition to our LinkedIn group, we maintain an active listserv for members. Visit this link to apply for membership: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/arts-and-planning
Click blue "Apply for membership" text. Once you accept the invitation, you can post messages directly to the listserv by emailing this address: email@example.com