Excellence in Sustainability Awards
Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
The Awards for Excellence in Sustainability is an annual program that honors projects, plans, policies, individuals, and organizations dedicated to supporting sustainable communities. Each year, the award winners are announced during the annual National Planning Conference.
We are excited to announce that the nomination period for the Sixth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability is now open.
- DEADLINE: Entries will be accepted November 2, 2018, through 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, January 11, 2019.
- INFORMATION PACKET: Please download and review the information packet and the nomination requirements carefully, as the submission format and several requirements have changed from previous years.
- WEB FORM: Unlike previous years, all entry nominations shall be submitted via web form.
- You must fill out the form all at once (i.e., you cannot save and come back).
- We suggest you utilize this Word document to prepare the text that you will need to provide prior to starting the form.
- If you submit the form once and would like to re-submit before the end of the nomination period, please feel free to do so. We will review only the most recently-completed form.
- QUESTIONS AND UPDATES: We will keep track of any FAQs and process updates on this page. If you would like to be directly notified of any substantial updates, please send an email to the awards coordinator at email@example.com, with the subject line "SCD Award Updates". You may also subscribe to the SCD e-bulletin to receive periodic reminders and updates about the awards program.
- We will provide an overview of the 2019 awards program process on an 11/14 webinar. Additional speakers on the webinar will discuss four of the 2018 award-winning projects and programs.